Location: Fairfax, Va.
Job Code: 78
# of Openings: 1
Convergence Technology Consulting (Convergence), a Maryland-based small business, specializes in application delivery through virtualization, mobility and custom application development. We are experts in delivering applications and services from the data center to the endpoint. We also have a strong security expertise that deliveries monitoring and protection from the network to the endpoint.
Convergence is one of a few companies that hold the top certifications/partnerships with the industry leaders (Microsoft, Citrix, and VMware). We have implemented some of the largest projects throughout our company history.
Convergence has as a strong reputation for building custom enterprise-class applications that meet our customer’s objective. We distinguish ourselves by having technical expertise across multiple platforms and languages, including both proprietary and open-source technologies.
Convergence deliveries on our customers mission.
Convergence has received many honors/awards over the past five years including, but not limited to, Best Places to Work 2011, 2012, and 2013, Top Systems Integrator, and Top 500 Fastest Growing Company by INC Magazine.
Convergence provides its employees excellent benefits that include medical, short and long term disability, dental, 401K employee matching, health allowance, and a few others. We promote employee growth though trainings, seminars, and incentives. Convergence enjoys a low-turnover rate. JOIN THE TEAM!!!!
Convergence Technology Consulting has an opening for a Sharepoint Architect/Developer with the ability to architect and develop Sharepoint platforms by mapping business initiatives to end-to-end technology solutions.
* Must work with internal teams and coordinate with external technology partners at all levels to identify issues,
* gather requirements,
* formulate technical strategies,
* create functional design documentation,
* provide thought leadership, and
* advise in the implementation of SharePoint architecture and solutions.
* Develop and manage local and global SharePoint intranet and extranet, architecture and development
* Coordinate with local and global teams to effectively manage, prioritize and deliver technical requests
* Assist in developing and executing SharePoint architectural roadmap and system strategy
* Establish and administer SharePoint governance plan
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate information clearly, accurately and timely to supervisor, project team members and business users.
* Must have experience with MS SharePoint development, architecture, and administration
* Must have experience with Powershell scripting for SharePoint server deployments.
* Must have experience in .NET development.
* Must have experience with Business Intelligence and Operational Report Writing
* SQL Server 2008/2012 experience.
* Must have experience developing in C#, Visual Studio, SharePoint site configuration and administration, SharePoint UI design/branding, and BI.
* BA or BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
* Strong knowledge in leveraging Microsoft's suite of technologies for providing Business Intelligence solutions such as Microsoft SQL Server, Analysis Services, Integration Services and Reporting Services as well as other 3rd party reporting suites.
* Demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and strategy.
* excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
* Experience in distribution/manufacturing environment and in Dynamics CRM a plus.
Convergence Technology Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Every employeehas the right to work in an environment free from all forms of discrimination. We are,therefore, committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy reflectsthe organization’s belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is both amoral responsibility and good management practice.We recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate andotherwise treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualifications,performance, and competence. All employees and applicants will be treated withoutregard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, currentor future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familialstatus, physical or mental disability, legal source of income or any other status protectedby law.